Your Personal Information is defined by the Protection of Personal Information Act (the Act) as: “means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to—
(a) information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
(b) information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
(c) any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
(d) the biometric information of the person;
(e) the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
(f) correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
(g) the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
(h) the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person”.
2. Personal Information
• Undertake to receive, only from you, and process the Personal Information that is necessary for the purpose to assist you with your required solutions, conclude the necessarily related agreements and consider the legitimate legal interests of everyone concerned, as required by the Act and to respect your right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Information;
• Undertake to only use your Personal Information for the purpose required to assist you or provide solutions to you;
• Undertake not to share or further process your Personal Information with anyone if not required for assisting you with your solutions or by the law;
• Undertake to be open and transparent and notify you as and when required by law regarding why and how your Personal Information needs to be collected;
• Undertake to safeguard and protect your Personal Information in our possession;
• Undertake to freely confirm what Personal Information we have, to update and correct the Personal Information, and to keep it for no longer than legally required.
Finhub Life and Invest 1, Finhub Chartered Accountants, Finhub Risk Management and Finhub Consult will not sell or rent its user’s personal identifiable information to third parties.
3. Sharing of Information
We may need to share your Personal Information and/or utilise software or online platforms to enter and process your information for an application, claims, or business management purposes. This will only be done in strict adherence to the requirements of the Act.
Finhub Life and Invest 1, Finhub Chartered Accountants, Finhub Risk Management and Finhub Consult may send personal identifiable information about its users to other companies, or third parties should there be a need to share the user’s information in order to provide the product or service the user has requested.
Furthermore, the only information Finhub Life and Invest 1, Finhub Chartered Accountants, Finhub Risk Management and Finhub Consult will ever disclose to third parties is aggregate information about its users. Aggregate information will not identify the website’s users and will only identify the user’s population in general terms.
4. Electronic Communications
The user consents to the website’s agreements, notices, and disclosures by visiting the website and receiving electronic information or communication by electronic means and this indicates that any legal requirements has been satisfied.
5. Changing of Information
6. Contact information
Should you not be satisfied with the information or should any information be found to be untrue or incorrect, please notify Finhub Life and Invest 1, Finhub Chartered Accountants, Finhub Risk Management and Finhub Consult on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any additional information or concerns can be found and raised with the Information Regulator, who can be contacted as shared below, but please feel free to contact us first to discuss any questions or concerns you may have:
Tel: 012 406 4818